The California Transportation Commission is responsible to advise transportation entities and the Legislature on transportation matters. The California Transportation Commission accomplishes this in the following ways:
- Responds to legislative inquiries. (CTC Legislation Review Policy)
- Tracks, monitors, and evaluates legislative proposals and identifies high priority bills of interest to the Commission.
- Pursues legislative action on Commission recommendations.
- Reviews enacted legislation to determine Commission responsibilities under new or revised laws and coordinates the preparation of related implementation plans.
- Develops policy and methodology for financing transportation programs.
- Develops statewide guidelines for programming and administering new and/or existing programs. This includes development of Commission policies on statewide programming guidelines and/or procedures.
- Advises Caltrans and recipient agencies in programming requirements.
- CTC Fact Sheet: Legislation Overview - March 10, 2017
- CTC Enabling Legislation: Assembly Bill 402 (Ingalls) - Chapter 1106, Statutes of 1977
- CTC Policy: CTC Legislation Review Policy - December 2009
- Assembly Committee on Transportation
- Senate Transportation and Housing Committee
- Legislation tracking:
State and Legislative Matters book items presented at the previous four Commission meetings:
CTC Legislative Contact
For additional CTC legislative information, contact: