Senate Bill (SB) 1 Road Repair and Accountability Act of 2017
Comprehensive Multimodal Corridor Plan Guidelines
Solutions for Congested Corridors Program (SCCP)
Streets and Highways Code Section 2391 requires that Solutions for Congested Corridors funding "shall be available for projects that make specific performance improvements and are part of a comprehensive corridor plan designed to reduce congestion in highly traveled corridors by providing more transportation choices for residents, commuters, and visitors to the area of the corridor while preserving the character of the local community and creating opportunities for neighborhood enhancement projects."
The Commission is in the process of developing Comprehensive Multimodal Corridor Plan Guidelines (plan guidelines) to provide guidance to eligible program applicants regarding the statutory requirements for comprehensive corridor plans utilized by agencies to apply for funding through the Congested Corridors Program.
The Commission kicked-off the plan guidelines development process in July 2018 and adopted final guidelines on December 5, 2018: Final Approved Comprehensive Multimodal Corridor Plan Guidelines - December 5, 2018
2018 Comprehensive Multimodal Corridor Plan Guidelines – Timeline
|July 16 & 20||
Guidelines Kickoff – Stakeholder Workshops – Sacramento, CA and Los Angeles, CA
Release the First Draft Guidelines for public review until August 27th
First Draft Comments Due
|September 11 & 14||
Stakeholder Workshops – Sacramento, CA and Los Angeles, CA
Release the Second Draft Guidelines for public review until October 15th
Second Draft Comments Due
Staff Report and Draft Guidelines for Information at Commission Meeting
Staff Report and Final Draft Guidelines for Adoption at Commission Meeting
Section 43 of SB 1 cites five examples of a more comprehensive approach to improving congestion in highly traveled corridors. Each of these corridor plans and/or programs differ in their size, scope, and focus. Below is a listing of the corridors referenced in the bill along with applicable web links to obtain more information about them.
"The North Coast Corridor improvements along Route 5 and the parallel rail corridor in the County of San Diego."
- Document: North Coast Corridor Public Works Plan and Resource Enhancement Program - Final June 2014 As Amended March 2016
"The Route 91 and Metrolink rail corridor improvements in the County of Riverside."
- Web Page: Riverside County Transportation Commission 91 Express Lanes
- Document: North Coast Corridor Public Works Plan and Resource Enhancement Program - June 2015
"Emerging solutions for the Route 101 and Caltrain corridor connecting Silicon Valley with San Francisco."
- Article: The Caltrain Corridor Vision Plan - How to keep the Bay Area’s innovation economy moving - The Urbanist, February 23, 2017
- Document: SPUR Report: The Caltrain Corridor Vision Plan - February 2017
"Multimodal approaches for the Route 101 and SMART rail corridor between the Counties of Marin and Sonoma."
- Document: Sonoma/Marin Multi-Modal Transportation & Land Use Study Final Report - June 6, 1997
"Comprehensive solutions for the Route 405 Corridor in the County of Los Angeles."
- Web Page: Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) Sepulveda Pass Transit Corridor
- Project Map: Sepulveda Pass Project Map
- Final Report: Sepulveda Pass Transit Corridor Final Compendium Report - November 2012
- Systems Planning Study PowerPoint: Sepulveda Pass Corridor Systems Planning Study - December 13, 2012
CTC SCCP Contact
For additional information on the 2018 Comprehensive Multimodal Corridor Plan Guidelines, please contact: