The California Transportation Commission (CTC) makes every attempt to ensure our documents are accessible. Due to variances between assistive technologies, there may be portions of a document which are not accessible. Where documents cannot be made accessible, we are committed to providing alternative access to the content. Should you need additional assistance, please contact us at (916) 654-2162, or CTC at email@example.com.
Assembly Bill 179 (Cervantes, 2017) requires the Commission and the California Air Resources Board (CARB) to meet at least twice a year to coordinate implementation of transportation programs and policies. AB 185 (Grayson, 2019) adds a representative from the California Department of Housing and Community Development to participate in the joint meetings starting in 2020.
The purpose of the meetings is to coordinate the implementation of policies that jointly affect transportation, housing, and air quality. This is important for many reasons. The closer people live to where they work, the less time and distance they spend commuting, which can reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Affordable transportation and housing options also can increase access to economic opportunity and reduce neighborhood gentrification and displacement. Specific interagency efforts affecting transportation, housing, and air quality include:
- Implementation of the California Sustainable Freight Action Plan.
- Development of the California Transportation Plan.
- Setting greenhouse gas emission reduction targets for the automobile and light truck sector for 2020 and 2035.
Topics from the 2019 joint meetings included:
- Innovative mobility and automated vehicle principles for healthy and sustainable communities.
- Linking housing and transportation policy, as well as sustainable transportation planning and project implementation, in the San Joaquin Valley.
- Potential impacts of the federal vehicle standards rollback.
Source: Government Code Section 14516
At least two of these joint meetings are held per calendar year in various locations across the state. See below for the schedule and more information. These meetings are separate from regular Commission meetings. Agendas will be available at least 10 days prior to the meeting.
April 6(TH), 2023
Joint CTC/CARB/HCD Meeting -Sacramento
November 2(TH), 2023
Joint CTC/CARB/HCD Meeting - TBD
April 7(TH), 2022
Joint CTC/CARB/HCD Meeting – Rocklin
9:30am - 3:30pm
Rocklin Event Center Ballroom
2650 Sunset Blvd
Rocklin, CA 95677
- 04/07 Joint Meeting Agenda (pdf)
- 04/07 Joint Meeting Agenda en Español (pdf)
- Webcast Recording (YouTube)
November 3(TH), 2022
Joint CTC/CARB/HCD Meeting - Riverside
Californioa Air Resources Board Southern California Headquarters - Haagen-Smit Auditorium
4001 Iowa Avenue
Riverside, CA 92507
- 2021 California Transportation Commission and California Air Resources Board Joint Meetings
- 2020 California Transportation Commission and California Air Resources Board Joint Meetings
- 2019 California Transportation Commission and California Air Resources Board Joint Meetings
- 2018 California Transportation Commission and California Air Resources Board Joint Meetings